Hello again! I’m sorry I haven’t been very active lately but that’s because of the start of a new chapter in my life. Anyway, let’s get down to it!
1. The first thing I’ve REALLY been loving is Ed Sheeran’s ‘X’ album. I downloaded it about 3 weeks ago and I haven’t really listened to anything else since. It’s so beautiful and sincere that it sends shivers down my spine every time. My favourite song from the album is ‘One’. Go and download the album if you haven’t already because you will fall in love with it!
2. The second thing I’ve really loved this month is ‘Paper Towns’ by John Green. I started reading this book because of the fact that it’s in the process of being released as a movie and I really wanted to read it before it comes out. This story surprised me in the fact that it was so different from ‘The Fault in Our Stars’, which i guess is a good thing as a writer needs to have diversity. The story follows Quentin who is about to graduate high school when his life long love disappears after a random night out with Quentin himself. It takes a bit of a dark tone but towards the end turns into a symbolic metaphor. It’s a great read and I can not wait for the movie to come out.
3. The third thing I’ve included is something I’ve really liked for over a year now and I’ve been using it every day since I first got it. It’s the Wake Me Up concealer by Rimmel London. It’s so good for covering up little spots and blemishes as well as red patches. I find it also really livens up my face in the morning when I apply it just under my eyes. Keep an eye out for this one.
4. My next favourite is actually a shop called Typo. It sells stationary and little bits and bobs. I love it so much. I want to buy everything in there! My brother’s girlfriend actually bought me a travel journal from there for Christmas and it’s so adorable. I also bought my pencil case for Year 12 there and also the mug that I keep at school in the Year 12 Common Room. This store has everything you’d ever need for school or uni and it’s so stylish and affordable as well. Go and visit if you have one near you!
5. Last but certainly not least is my pack of 24 watercolour pencils by Faber Castel. I absolutely love using watercolour pencils and these are what I started with. The pencils are so easily blended and the effect they give looks so professional even if you have no idea what you’re doing. If you’re looking to get into watercolour at all I’d definitely suggest giving these a go and teach yourself how it all flows and the mechanics of watercolour art using these.
That’s all for today guys, I hope you enjoyed this post. If you want to see more click the follow button or head on over to my twitter account @ElloFrancis97 and follow me on there to get updates when I post again.
Hello again! It’s been a while, I know. But to make up for it, here’s another part of the last story I posted! Enjoy!
I wake up the next morning with a neck ache, a back ache and a head ache. I swivel around on the thin mattress until I’m in a position to stand up. Hesitantly, I shift my weight onto my feet and stretch as I stand. At least my legs still work. I look at my socks and boots next to where I stand and decide I won’t put them on. I slowly walk back the way I had come the night before with Joe, hoping that I wouldn’t take a wrong turn in the maze that was this police station. I turn a corner and walk straight into a police officer.
“Oh my god, sorry,” I blurt.
“Oh my, don’t worry; you must be the girl that can’t remember her name. I’m Dr. Preen, the psychologist. I’m here to speak with you, actually,” she replied. Oh great. The shrink.
“Right, of course. Um, would you mind if I got something to eat first? I’m really hungry.”
“I believe the officers are bringing in some corn flakes and orange juice for you. Shouldn’t be a moment, follow me.”
Dr. Preen leads me down another series of hallways until we end up in a small room with one wall completely made of that one way glass that’s supposed to look like a mirror but doesn’t actually fool anybody, no matter how stupid they may be. She gestures for me to sit in the chair that’s tucked under the small table, two of the only three items of furniture in the room.
“So, officers Joseph and Kevin explained to me what happened last night. Could you explain to me again what your recollections of last night’s events were?” She says in a soothing voice.
“Okay. Well, the first thing I remember is running down the road towards the police station. I could see it. I remember the sweat in my hair and it running down my face. I was exhausted; I guess I’d been running for a while. Then once I finally got here I crashed through the front doors and there was Joe, I mean, Joseph. He got me a glass of water and then he and Kevin asked me questions but I didn’t know the answer to any of them. I still don’t. And then I went to bed, woke up and now I’m here.” I try to hide the shakiness in my voice. Dr. Preen starts scribbling notes on a piece of paper and I wonder whether I’ve said something wrong as I see her eyebrows knit together in what looks like anger. I hear the door creak open and turn to see Joe walking in with a bowl of cereal and a glass of OJ. He looks absolutely exhausted. That’s when I glance at the clock and realize that it’s only 7.04. I usually wouldn’t be up this early, uni doesn’t start until 10. Wait, how did I remember that?
Joe places the bowl in front of me and offers my eyes a flash of that gorgeous smile. I smile back nervously. God, I’m in the middle of nowhere with no clue who I am and I’m thinking about boys. Maybe I really am crazy. Dr. Preen glances up over the top of her small glasses and nods towards the bowl. “Eat up,” she says gently, “we have a busy morning ahead of us.”
I hope you enjoyed the next bit of the story! Hopefully I can find time to keep writing. Let me know in the comments if you want to read more!
Bye! 🙂 x