Hello again! I’m sorry I haven’t been very active lately but that’s because of the start of a new chapter in my life. Anyway, let’s get down to it!
1. The first thing I’ve REALLY been loving is Ed Sheeran’s ‘X’ album. I downloaded it about 3 weeks ago and I haven’t really listened to anything else since. It’s so beautiful and sincere that it sends shivers down my spine every time. My favourite song from the album is ‘One’. Go and download the album if you haven’t already because you will fall in love with it!
2. The second thing I’ve really loved this month is ‘Paper Towns’ by John Green. I started reading this book because of the fact that it’s in the process of being released as a movie and I really wanted to read it before it comes out. This story surprised me in the fact that it was so different from ‘The Fault in Our Stars’, which i guess is a good thing as a writer needs to have diversity. The story follows Quentin who is about to graduate high school when his life long love disappears after a random night out with Quentin himself. It takes a bit of a dark tone but towards the end turns into a symbolic metaphor. It’s a great read and I can not wait for the movie to come out.
3. The third thing I’ve included is something I’ve really liked for over a year now and I’ve been using it every day since I first got it. It’s the Wake Me Up concealer by Rimmel London. It’s so good for covering up little spots and blemishes as well as red patches. I find it also really livens up my face in the morning when I apply it just under my eyes. Keep an eye out for this one.
4. My next favourite is actually a shop called Typo. It sells stationary and little bits and bobs. I love it so much. I want to buy everything in there! My brother’s girlfriend actually bought me a travel journal from there for Christmas and it’s so adorable. I also bought my pencil case for Year 12 there and also the mug that I keep at school in the Year 12 Common Room. This store has everything you’d ever need for school or uni and it’s so stylish and affordable as well. Go and visit if you have one near you!
5. Last but certainly not least is my pack of 24 watercolour pencils by Faber Castel. I absolutely love using watercolour pencils and these are what I started with. The pencils are so easily blended and the effect they give looks so professional even if you have no idea what you’re doing. If you’re looking to get into watercolour at all I’d definitely suggest giving these a go and teach yourself how it all flows and the mechanics of watercolour art using these.
That’s all for today guys, I hope you enjoyed this post. If you want to see more click the follow button or head on over to my twitter account @ElloFrancis97 and follow me on there to get updates when I post again.